Saturday, June 20, 2009

The beginning of something edible?


From Wikipedia:
Lorentzian wormholes known as Schwarzschild wormholes or Einstein-Rosen bridges are bridges between areas of space that can be modeled as vacuum solutions to the Einstein field equations by combining models of a black hole and a white hole. This solution was discovered by Albert Einstein and his colleague Nathan Rosen, who first published the result in 1935. However, in 1962 John A. Wheeler and Robert W. Fuller published a paper showing that this type of wormhole is unstable, and that it will pinch off instantly as soon as it forms, preventing even light from making it through.


I find this blog title appropriate (or at least relevant) due to three things:
1. Note "vacuum solutions" above. These are solutions of field equations in which the sources of the field are taken to be identically zero. Or in my case, possibly the sources of my thoughts are zero, since I often graze dreamily within my own mind.
2. Also note "unstable" and "pinch off instantly". Have you ever began a thought and then realized it wasn't you thinking it? I have.
3. It is referenced in Blue Oyster Cult's Heavy Metal: The Black and Silver (i'm not sure why these pages show up as one word per line), one of the greatest bands of all time (please ignore the last couple albums, their main collaborator changed).

So, already I have referenced Sabbath and BOC, so I'm feeling pretty good. Also got a bunch of math stuff in.

Of course, this one was pretty easy. I'll see if I can get any more lucid paragraphs on here before I share it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment