Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Return of Crofft


I normally read SI.com every day and they have a section called Extra Mustard which contains a page called Hot Clicks. Usually, the headline pic is one of a hot woman, be it sportsbabe (the overrated Erin Andrews is among their faves), WAG, model (especially as in SI swimsuit, of course) or random in-the-news hottie. One of their favorites is Adriana Lima. She is put up as a hot model as well as a how-did-this-goofy-looking-dude-get-her!! entrant (She happens to be married to Marko Jaric the basketball player). Ever since I first saw her, I thought there was something wrong with her. Just a funny feeling that I didn't care for her face somehow. There is a certain exoticness certainly, but something was off.

Then one day months later it came to me in a fit of cathartic release... Chaka!!!!!

The bonus was that when I googled Chaka I found this wonderful pic.

Now, I don't mean to say she's dead-ugly or anything, and I've seen some pics where she looks quite good. But her normal Blue Steel pose is gap-mouthed and botoxed and it just doesn't work for me. I was tres glad to figure out her doppelganger, leaves my brain to think on other things when her pic comes up.


Speaking of Erin Andrews, this is a common photo that her fans use to show how hot she is. Can anyone else say "G'day, Mrs. Sasquatch??" (If that confuses you, look up the Bigfoot video, which was wonderfully parodied in Elf) Lucky for her she has ridiculously long arms in order to counterbalance her top-heaviness, elsewise she'd fall over onto whomever she was interviewing. Again, doesn't do it for me.

1 comment:

  1. I just had to click the retarded option, cause its too enticing.

    But you are (in my best cockney accent) spot on with this bigfoot analogy.

    ReplyDelete