Sunday, September 29, 2013

Will the next John Hughes please stand up?

[ Another unfinished posting from my draft archives. But, to keep you entertained, I give you this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWvAYNw8r9o#t=138. So many classic moments from that movie. ]

I was walking thru the mall today on my way to unlock the front door so we could all get in for African drumming/dance class and my ears perceived the dulcet tones of that fantastic 80's cheese-pop tune, "Escapade" by Janet Jackson. I was then dumbstruck by the epiphany that those weird dancing-in-the-mall moments from cheesy 80's cheese-pop movies were a normal way of thinking. I actually wanted to dance down the hallway and jump off the plant stands and railings and do goofy white-boy spins and (gods forbid!) do some cartwheels or some such nonsense. Could it really be that those directors/choreographers were tuned in to some primeval force of nature that spurs us on to dance like idiots down an empty mall corridor?

No comments:

Post a Comment